Profiles > Prime timers
fun and fitness
Bettina Herbert was 60 when she started running fitness classes at Koonung Cottage in 1992. She continued until May 2015.
Bettina’s ‘Prime Timers’ classes are for people of 40 years or more. The low-impact exercises are divided into three ability levels. One-hour workouts include cardiovascular exercise, strength training, joint mobility and core strength.
It's the lasting friendships that are formed.
Participants report a feeling of well-being after their exercise. But Prime Timers enjoy social benefits as well. They share their stories around the coffee table and on outings.
Prime Timers is very important to me because of the goodwill between members.
- Andrew Batsch, 'Stay fit', Nunawading Gazette, 28 July 1992.
- Course and activities guides 1987-2012. Incomplete records held at Koonung Cottage.
- Minutes of meetings of North Blackburn Community Action Group, 9 June 1975 - 21 February 1979. Incomplete records held at Koonung Cottage.
- Minutes of Koonung Cottage Community House Committee, 30 Nov 1987 - 6 June 2005. Incomplete records held at Koonung Cottage.
- 'Stay fit', Nunawading Gazette, 28 July 1992.
- Participant's contribution 24 May 2015, Margaret Robinson.